Just so you people know who I send my dumb emails to… *wink*
- a digi-cam
- a film scanner
- a big bucketful of time
- two pre-written French courseworks on the appropriate subjects…
Thanks in advance!
Tonight I went to see The Virgin Suicides with my brother.
The movie was all right – nothing to scream and shout about. I appreciated the teenager narrative point of view, and the fact that the story is not fully explained.
It’s worth seeing if you want to go the cinema, but it’s maybe not the film to see if you’re feeling a little depressed.
I felt like eating guacamole, so we went to eat mexican. Both my brother and I had a good time trying to get him to roll his fajitas correctly.
Cali is busy chewing on used hankies she has dug out of the waste-paper basket. Bagha shoots out of the flat with a “mrrrraou!” each time I open the door.
Hopefully, professionnals are coming tomorrow the trim the tree that Bagha uses as a ladder to access a certain lady’s balcony. He will be allowed outside for the first time in ten days.
My grandmother recommends offering her a water-pistol. That indeed seems the best way to keep the tiger at bay!
I’ve adopted HTMLkit. It’s really nice. I haven’t finished customizing it, but one thing is sure: I’m going to become an in-site-editing enthusiast.
The only feature it has missing is multiple file replace. I’m longing for something which will do what BBEdit does – carry out a replace on all the files in a directory.
And thanks to those who suggested it, I also got WS_FTP Lite.
Between Friday night and yesterday, I finished writing the script for my work at Orange. Thanks to those people who helped me : ) – working on the web is great!
One thing I’ve started doing when I need help on a topic is this (soooo simple, why didn’t I figure it out before?):
First, search with Google, and fine a few relevant threads in mailing list archives.
Then email the people who seemed to know what they were talking about, or who seemed to have a problem similar to yours.
- Google Buzz Privacy Issue: How to Hide People You're Following on Your Profile [en] (2010)
- Editors [en] (2001)
- Google Reader: I'm Officially Pissed Off [en] (2006)
- Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in wp-capabilities.php: Case Cracked! [en] (2007)
- The Lee Bryant Experiment [en] (2004)
- Google Questions [en] (2007)
- Blank subject bug [en] (2001)
- WordPress Polyglots [en] (2005)
- "Have-to" Posts and "Want-to" Posts [en] (2009)
- Becoming a Professional Networker: Tags in Address Book OSX Needed! [en] (2008)
Le travail chez Orange est très chouette – mais il y en a beaucoup. Je devrais normalement avoir trois personnes pour m’aider (l’une d’elles est déjà en place, et fait vraiment bien avancer le schmilblick).
Mes examens de français approchent à grands pas, et avant eux, les deux séminaires qu’il me reste à faire.
Quant au chat, il insiste. Après avoir chanté une sérénade aux chattes de la “dame au balcon” – à dix heures du soir bien entendu, pour qu’il puisse la tirer du lit – il a encore récidivé cet après-midi après que j’ai péniblement obtenu du concierge la mutilation du buisson coupable (coupable de permettre à Bagha de pénétrer en territoire interdit).
Tout ceci s’est donc accompagné d’un téléphone peu agréable qui contenait menaces de tribunal et suggestion d’abandonner mon chat à la SPA. Ah oui, et ce serait aussi un bonne idée que je déménage. Heureusement que la dame de la gérance n’avait pas l’air de prendre toutes ces plaintes trop au tragique: “non, mais vous inquiétez pas pour ça…”
- Bloguer anonymement [en] (2004)
- Retour au cinéma [en] (2013)
- Feuilleton : la folle du 15 [en] (2003)
- Humeurs [en] (2005)
- Montréal: l'amour passe par l'estomac [en] (2011)
- Ivresse [en] (2005)
- Hors du quotidien [en] (2005)
- Retour à la normale [en] (2004)
- C'est un mec. Y meurt. [en] (2005)
- Fin de mandat [en] (2000)
If you want the news, you’re going to have it.
Bagha has been going balcony-climbing quite regularly – or so it seems.
Thursday ten p.m., he even did a bit of singing up there. Unfortunately it woke the lady up. She was quite irrate. I guess I would have been too.
Friday morning, phone call. Summary: if things don’t get better, she will file a lawsuit against me. She recommends that I get rid of my cat or move somewhere else.
Guess what state I was in.
The woman at the flat rental agency was nice, told me not to worry, and that I could go ahead and cut off the branch that helps Bagha get on the dear lady’s balcony.
This afternoon, I had a rather tense conversation with the caretaker, who was unwilling to let me mess around with his bushes as he hadn’t received any clearance from the authorities above.
With all the stress and tiredness of this first week of work, I ended up bursting into tears, and he ended up finally cutting the branches off.
I don’t approve of using tears to get results – but I must say they changed the situation dramatically.
So I let Bagha out after 48 hours of confinement.
And when I came home a couple of hours later, he was up on the damn balcony again. There was an alternate route.
Apart from that, there were complaints about my cat – behind my back, again. I’m really really tired of that kind of stuff.
- Je passe à Orange Maxima [en] (2007)
- Delivering Happiness: A Book to Read on Running a Happy Profitable Business [en] (2013)
- A Day at Work [en] (2002)
- The Orange Plastic Bag [en] (2002)
- Do Not Use Your Brand Name to Sign Comments [en] (2011)
- Blogs Can Hurt Reputations [en] (2005)
- Geeky Frustrations [en] (2007)
- FOWA: The Edgeconomy (Umair Haque) [en] (2007)
- An SPV for Lucky Me! [en] (2002)
- Her words led him through worlds [en] (2009)
Condensé de ma première matinée de travail:
- Sécuritas pas avertis => badge visiteurs
- un heure d’attente pour pouvoir me logger sur mon ordinateur
- accès interdit aux fichiers sur lesquels je devais travailler
- attente sans fin d’une autorisation pour installer deux ou trois programmes indispensables sur mon ordinateur.
Gardons le sourire!
- Radio: interviewée pour Journal Infime [en] (2005)
- Port de Vidy: dépenser plein de sous pour emmerder le monde [en] (2012)
- Peu de connection internet ces prochains jours [en] (2006)
- C'est les vacances… [en] (2004)
- Encore un matin… [en] (2008)
- Gator et autres espions [en] (2002)
- Sérénade [en] (2000)
- Chalet, chat sous duvet [en] (2008)
- Ivresse [en] (2005)
- Journée au Forum des 100 de l'Hebdo [en] (2006)
First day of work was really great.
For a start, the security guard wasn’t warned that I was signing in today – so I got a visitor’s badge.
Second, I had to wait one hour for my log-in (username and password), only to discover that I wasn’t granted access to the files I was supposed to work on.
Third and last, Powerpoint has such crappy export features that I think I’m going to have to do all the conversion with copy-paste. I hate textboxes and graphics.
Please don’t ask me if I have tried opening the files with dreamweaver – I’m still waiting for the IT security clearance to install it.
- Requirements for a WordPress Installer Script [en] (2004)
- Firefox Extension Can Work With Flock [en] (2006)
- WordPress DreamHost WiFi Arghl! [en] (2006)
- Scripts for a WordPress Weblog Farm [en] (2004)
- Usenet [en] (2001)
- Version française du semblant de podcast précédent [en] (2006)
- Hairy .htaccess Dreamhost WordPress Problem [en] (2006)
- Facebook Privacy Settings: First Results [en] (2010)
- BarCamp Lausanne: Wuala (Dominik Grolimund) [en] (2007)
- Slow SSH Login from MacBook [en] (2006)
Orange has just hired me to convert their training manuals to HTML (from Powerpoint).
No further comment needed, I suppose!
Apart from that, I have just come back from a week-end in Birmingham with Somak, Aleika, and Akirno. It was really nice to see them again.
Winter is here, and with it, my exams are approaching fast. That means that I will be spending less hours fiddling with my site and writing sometimes meaningless blog entries, and more time in my books. In some way, I’m looking forward to it.
- Googling Them [en] (2001)
- Offline [en] (2000)
- Akirno and Reese Witherspoon [en] (2003)
- Grandma and Bagha [en] (2001)
- News and Indian Photos [en] (2003)
- SF Reading Recommendation: Alastair Reynolds [en] (2009)
- Life [en] (2001)
- Holidays [en] (2003)
- A Year of Chalet Mini-Holidays [en] (2009)
- Cockerel, Anybody? [en] (2012)