[fr] Un petit point sur mes compétences professionnelles, telles que je suis en train de les comprendre grâce à mon emploi actuel. Moins de digital, plus de relationnel et de systèmes!
Having an “employed” job has been extremely rewarding so far. Yes, the commute is tiring, but I’ve been really lucky regarding work atmosphere, colleagues, the project I’m working on, and the view from the office. Not kidding about the view:
Over the last months I’ve learned/confirmed a few things about myself regarding what I do well/like doing jobwise.
I like interacting with people, preferably 1-1. I’m good at listening, getting people on board, establishing a relationship.
I love figuring out complex systems or situations with lots of moving parts.
I’m good at looking at things from various points of view and taking multiple interests into account when looking for solutions.
Day-to-day operations are not what I prefer, but when it comes to making things happen, implementing change, making a project move forward, here I am.
Learning & Networking
The two go together. I’m a fast learner, so I’m quick to absorb new information (even in a completely new field), identify and connect with key people.
I like understand how things work and fit together, and I’m good at seeing “gaps” where things could be done differently, either better for the people involved, or more rational for the organisation, particularly (but not limited to) around digital transformation.
There might be more, or different/better ways to put this, but I thought I’d throw this out there already.
One thing I love about being employed, and that I had lost on the way during my freelance years, is the feeling of being really appreciated and valued. I really needed it.
- There is Work and Work [en] (2009)
- This American Life Episode Selection [en] (2015)
- Morning Train [en] (2018)
- How I Get Organized [en] (2009)
- Blogger Relations: What is it About? [en] (2011)
- The Danger of Backup Plans. And Choice. [en] (2016)
- Musings on Twitter and Identi.ca [en] (2009)
- How I “Get” People to Talk to me so I Can Understand Them [en] (2014)
- Lift13, Resilience and Resistance: Noah Raford [en] (2013)
- Lift11: Azeem Azhar, Online communities and reputation management [en] (2011)
Also published on Medium.