Pro tip: if you’re booking flights online, make sure using your Mastercard doesn’t cost you an extra 50 for your flight ticket price.
It happened to me earlier this morning as I was booking a flight. I went on Kayak, found a flight I liked, clicked the link that sent me over to eDreams to book it. By the time I was ready to buy, the price had silently hopped up 50 CHF. I tried other sites. I tried the airline site directly. I couldn’t find the flight at the price Kayak advertised.
I made a last-ditch effort to book the flight, starting over from Kayak and keeping an eye on the price. I saw it had jumped as I filled in my credit card details. I looked closer. I saw a discreet notice advertising “best price using Visa credit”. Switched my Mastercard for my Visa. Bingo.
- Being My Own Travel Agent With Kayak [en] (2007)
- Flying Home Tomorrow With Easyjet. Or Not? [en] (2006)
- Blogger Programme for Solar Impulse (Part 1, Brussels) [en] (2011)
- More on coComment Advertising [en] (2008)
- Searching For a New Theme For Climb to the Stars [en] (2010)
- Paypal Scam Nearly Got Me [en] (2004)
- Missing Kitty [en] (2004)
- Lausanne to Portland [en] (2007)
- Getting Back on the FlyLady Wagon [en] (2009)
- First US Photos [en] (2007)