Kitesurfing is something I’ve known Loïc did for a long time, but only recently (about a year ago) did I actually see people doing it in Torrevieja where my family goes sailing. Kitesurfing is now on my bucket list — it’s something I really want to learn. Not for the business though, which will be the topic of this session.
World champion kitesurfer on stage right now, Jessie Richman. steph-note: showing a video, lots of jumps and figures, I’m more of the go-downhill kind of snowboarder, so less excited about that aspect of kitesurfing — not mentioning that I’d never have the arms for it.
Kiteboarding // entrepreneurship: risk, all sorts of things that can go wrong. Once in the air, you can’t turn back.
Jessie tells us about what it is like to be doing what he does. To learn new stuff, sometimes you just have to “do it”. Loïc describes a loop where you jump as high as your kite, pull on one side of the “bar”, the kite does a 360…
steph-note: liked the theme here but sadly had trouble following the conversation… Sure I could make a bunch of parallels with judo too.
- Educational Versus Inspirational Events [en] (2008)
- SWITCH Conference, Coimbra: Out of the Box [en] (2010)
- Success: Dragon NaturallySpeaking in Parallels [en] (2007)
- LeWeb'13: Travis Kalanick and Snow in Paris in 2008 [en] (2013)
- Somesso – Thomas Power: Shedding light on social
networking for your business [en] (2008)
- Podcasts I’m Listening To [en] (2015)
- Lift09 — Future Cities — Carlo Ratti [en] (2009)
- Lift10, The Old New Media: Reinvent Capitalism (Mercedes Bunz) [en] (2010)
- Trip News [en] (2002)
- Conversation Feeds [en] (2006)