[fr] Ma recette de poha, que je croyais avoir publiée!
For years, people have been asking me for Nisha’s Poha recipe. Here it is — well, my variation of it, because I seem to do it slightly differently (at least the result tastes different).
- heat oil in pan or karahi
- half a teaspoon of black mustard seeds and half a teaspoon of cumin seeds (more if you like more, or are cooking big quantities)
- when the seeds are popping, add curry leaves (anywhere from a dozen leaves to more if you like more)
- let them sizzle a little, lower the heat
- add a chopped onion (red if you have that) and green chilli broken in pieces (one chilli, two, three… depends how hot your chillies are and how hot you like your poha)
- let the onion soften; wash the poha (don’t let it soak, just rinse and drain) — I use roughly two big handfuls for one big serving
- add a teaspoon of salt (or less), a teaspoon of sugar, a tip of turmeric (upto half a teaspoon, but don’t overdo it), red peanuts and/or frozen green peas/sweet corn
- mix it all up and leave on low heat 3-5 minutes (for the peanuts mainly)
- add poha, mix well, turn heat off
- add chopped coriander leaves
- serve and sprinkle with lemon/lime juice