[fr] Arrivée en Inde!
“Welcome to India!” is a phrase I often use somewhat ironically. Like, when the Indian Consulate General sends back your visa application paperwork with a note saying “please apply in person” because you didn’t see that applications by post had been discontinued (despite the instructions for applying by post still being on the website), and so you end up on the train to Geneva with those very papers they had in their hands the week before, yes, because they stuffed them in your return envelope to send them back to you so you could bring them back to them in person… Yeah, welcome to India, indeed.
So anyway. All this to say that I’ve arrived. After a little airport adventure (a flight that didn’t exist, flying through Zurich instead of Munich, arriving nearly two hours before we were supposed to!) we made it to Pune. I managed to have a decent number of hours of sleep and still wake up before lunch (methi, Nisha knows I love it).
I got to meet the two canine house guests, take note of the advancement of the building works in Akashganga since last year, and this afternoon, was faced with the evisceration of the road leading up to the house. I hope nobody needs to take their car out these next days.
My plans for the week? Not many:
- make sure our waitlisted train tickets to Goa get confirmed
- a couple of trips to the jeweler’s (one to drop off orders and stuff to repair, one to pick up)
- pick up a SIM card *fingers crossed*
- meet up with a few people, old and new
- maybe go to the cinema for the latest Amir Khan movie
- eat nice food
- see if I can buy a pair of jeans (a challenge given my size and shape)
- leave enough space for reading, writing, photography, chatting with my hosts, learning to cook nice food, and general unpredictability of Indian life!
Two hours later: the power is back, I can publish my post! (We’ve been without pretty much all afternoon and Nisha has been cooking by candlelight.)
- I'm Going to Write an eBook [en] (2009)
- Indian Stretchable Time [en] (2011)
- India [en] (2000)
- The Neighbour's Cat Won [en] (2008)
- A Quick Survival Guide to India [en] (2011)
- Daily Snippets [en] (2001)
- Time-Melt in Pune [en] (2011)
- Aventures in India — Scribbled Travel Notes [en] (2000)
- Votations [en] (2002)
- Household Advice [en] (2000)