For the next ten days, starting tomorrow (Tuesday), I’m going to write a post a day. I’ll keep it short: blogging used to be quick and dirty, and somewhere between the arrival of Facebook and Twitter, posts have started growing into long essays that take hours to write.
How short is short? Roughly a screenful. Not more. I have a ton of ideas to blog about, and view this as an exercise in concision, as well as a way to get myself blogging again — which I seem to periodically need to do.
I expect that each post will take me under 30 minutes to write — at the most under an hour.
Care to join me? Let me know and I’ll put your name here and link to your posts as they come out. Hashtag: #back2blog. Get your blogging pals on board!
Rising to the challenge:
- Stephanie Booth (@stephtara)
- Denis Do (@dennydov)
- Brigitte Djajasasmita (@bibiweb)
- Andrea Vallejos (@whiskey_kitten)
- Nicole Cunningham (@cncx)
- Claire Bertolini (@cbertol)
- Adam Tinworth (@adders)
- Luca Palli (@lpalli)
- Kevin De Mulder (@kevindemulder)
- Jean-François Genoud (@jfgpro)
- Ruth Casanova (@casanova_ruth)
- Swiss Twist (@swisstwist)
- Evren Kiefer (@evrenk)
- Dino Hukic (@dino_hukic)
- Michelle Carrupt (@cmic)
- Christine Bienvenu (@tinaburger)
- mlle-cassis (@mlle_cassis)
- Caroline Sonnay (@carolinesonnay)
- Daria Batukhtina (@dariabatukhtina)
- Delphine Dussy (@dussydelf)
- Antony Mayfield (@amayfield)
- Anna Jobin (@annajobin)
- Andreia Glanville (@mrsandreia)
- Marie-Aude Koiransky (@lumieredelune)
- Susie Contreras (@copyrichgirl)
- Yann Graf (@yanngraf)
- … you!
- Second "Back to Blogging" Challenge [en] (2013)
- Third Back to Blogging Challenge [en] (2013)
- Vendredi, Bloggy Friday [en] (2013)
- Living on a Boat [en] (2013)
- Loneliness [en] (2013)
- Gmail Storage Space Problem: Account Blocked, Wrong Numbers [en] (2013)
- Se former en médias sociaux à Lausanne (SAWI) [en] (2013)
- A Week After Ada Lovelace Day (ALD09) [en] (2009)
- Samedi soir fatigué [en] (2013)
- Back to Blogging Challenge Wrap-Up [en] (2012)
78 thoughts on “10-Day "Back to Blogging" Challenge [en]”
Ok ok… I am in!
Can be about anything, right?
As long as it’s a reasonable post?
Got any ideas to share? 😀
Yes, topic completely free! Just don’t make it long!
topic ideas: books you’ve been reading, things you’ve been doing, thoughts you’ve been thinking, and I’m sure you have a huge pile of expat-insight to share with us
ok so one about packing cubes, one about pabli, one about people who write my little pony fan fiction, one about food olympics in italy, one about sacred cows in the workplace, one about my obsession with the oeuvre of Patrick Modiano even though he is only the stay klassy version of Marc Levy, one about lip balm, one about Lausanne boo hoo, one about flying business class and being fat, and one about fighting over windows 8 with Chris. win. I got this.
Bonne idée! Seule, c’est plus difficile à tenir, comme résolution!
I am in as well. Needed the incentive. It’s gonna be great 😀
Ok I’m in too. This autumnwinter should be inspiring 🙂
Bonne idée ! cela fait aussi trop longtemps que je n’écris pas… merci pour le cpac 🙂
Tu fais avec nous, Marie-Aude?
Puis je tjs participer au challenge?
Bien sûr Andreia! Redonne-moi juste l’URL de ton blog que je t’ajoute!
What a great idea. My blog is new but I think this is a great way to get into the swing of things. I’m a few days late but would still love to join your challenge.
Jump right in! Just tweet your posts with #back2blog 🙂
Do you know your post page title is stuffed with keywords? If you did it on purpose, I don’t think it’s a really good idea. If you didn’t do it… you might want to make sure you haven’t been hacked.
Oui je fais avec 🙂 et vraiment avec plaisir !