Je suis à la conférence Lift12 à Genève ces jours. Voici mes notes de sessions.
This guy built a working nuclear fusion reactor.
People think nuclear = fission. (Uranium, etc.)
Fusion takes hydrogen or helium and fuses them. Lighter elements. Much more promising technology!
We’ve succeeded in fusion, but not fusion where we get more energy out than what we put in.
steph-note: don’t know enough about fusion to know when he’s starting to pull our leg… or if
In the 50s, Farnsworth (invented television) invented “fusor”.
Mark has done a lot of web startups. Has learned that there is no such thing as “too ambitious”.
Found this video by a guy released from his gag order after top secret work on fusion. Has a machine which if built big enough, would cross the break even threshold. New tech that would change everything!
Started modelling it on the computer. Started a blog. After some time, people found him.
Tried to make his own 3D printer, but that didn’t work at all
steph-note: another of those hard-to-blog talks, I think my brain is too fried to process this type of talk!
200 mio $ to build the Bussard reactor. A lot of money to invest.
- Lift12 Extreme Hackers: Hojun Song, Open Source Satellite Initiative (2012)
- Give Us Time to Digest Talks (2006)
- Lift12 Mobile: Nick Heller (2012)
- LIFT08: Paul Barnett (2008)
- Lift12, Near Futures: Ben Bashford (2012)
- Lift13, The Agile Enterprise: Abhijit Bhaduri (2013)
- Lift12, Technology vs. People: JP Rangaswami (2012)
- Lift10: Technology and Cultural Difference in China (Basile Zimmermann) (2010)
- Being Lifter 20: I’m the “Star” Networker! (2008)
- Technological Overload Panel (2007)