[fr] Je suis à la conférence Lift12 à Genève ces prochains jours. Voici mes notes de sessions.
Live-blogging from Lift12 conference in Geneva. These are my notes and interpretations of Gordan Savicic‘s talk — best effort, but might be imprecise or even wrong!
Are we the slaves of our online presences?
Facebook’s physical manifestation, serverfarm in Prineville. Uses energy, needs to be protected…
How many friends on Facebook? not all friends: business contacts, random people met in a bar… Project an avatar image of themselves.
When you try to shut down your Facebook account, you’re told your friends are going to miss you (as if you were actually going to lose their friendship) — then you have to fill in a questionnaire, explain why you’re leaving… Facebook has a response for every reason you give… Hard to deactivate!
Created an easy solution: the web 2.0 suicide machine. It actually cleanly cuts all connections, changes your password, etc etc — you’re sure you can’t go back.
“Unfriending”: word of the year in 2009!
In Rotterdam, they set up a web 2.0 suicide night. Including a memorial page. Facebook banned their servers. That led to catchy titles in the press, like “Facebook killed the suicide machine”. They got a cease and desist letter: aren’t allowed to scrape content or use somebody else’s credentials. Consulted a lawyer: actually, they never agreed to the ToS, it’s actually the user breaching the ToS…
Reclaim your data! Their example: a small group of people actually managed to create quite a big disturbance to reclaim theirs.
Make love, not spam!
- A Few Words on the New Facebook Pages [en] (2009)
- LIFT08: Robin Hunicke (Game Design) [en] (2008)
- Drifting People [en] (2011)
- Recommend Bloggers (and Podcasters!) for LeWeb'11 Accreditation [en] (2011)
- Lift12, Development, Redevelopment: Farida Vis, Twitter Usage During the UK Riots [en] (2012)
- After a Day Back at Work [en] (2008)
- Culture Shock in Second Life [en] (2006)
- Julian Bleecker: 1st Life, 2nd Life [en] (2007)
- Lift12 Open Stage: Benjamin Wiederkehr, Ville Vivante [en] (2012)
- #buspeople and #trainpeople: Annoying People in Public Transport [en] (2012)