In 2009 and 2010 Ada Lovelace Day took place on March 24th. Not, as many thought, Ada’s birthday, but a random date that just happened to be that one. This year (and the next ones!) Ada Lovelace Day is taking place on October 7th, today, that is.
In 2009 I wrote about Marie Curie, and in 2010 about my friend Suw Charman (both articles are in French). I also seized the occasion to write about women travelers on the ebookers travel blog: Ella Maillart and Sarah Marquis. I’m very honoured that a few people chose to feature me in their Ada Lovelace Day blog posts (our sadly departed Jean-Christophe amongst them).
Who are you going to write about today? I’m personally not sure who I’m going to write about yet. I know a pile of great women doing great stuff in social media, and it’s hard to choose between them, but I’d like to find somebody to talk about outside my direct industry.
You’ll have the answer as I write my post later on!
- A Month From Now: Ada Lovelace Day [en] (2010)
- A Week After Ada Lovelace Day (ALD09) [en] (2009)
- Today is Ada Lovelace Day [en] (2009)
- Ada Lovelace Day and Backup Awareness Day: Today! [en] (2010)
- Ada Lovelace Day: My Middle-School Maths Teacher [en] (2011)
- Women's Work [en] (2001)
- So, How Was the Trip? Tell Me About it! [en] (2000)
- Seminar on Social Media Adoption in the Enterprise [en] (2008)
- One a Week? [en] (2011)
- Journée Ada Lovelace: Suw Charman-Anderson [en] (2010)