[fr] Saviez-vous que les bégonias faisaient des fleurs femelles et mâles sur la même plante? Je viens de le découvrir.
I realized this morning that my begonia (who has identity problems, more on that later) first produces male flowers, then female ones. I noticed a couple of days ago that the new buds on the flower branch were slightly different from the old ones.
See the change?
Above, the “old” male flowers. Below, the “new” female flowers:
Of course, inspired by Derek, I’m going to see if I can get seeds out of them, given I still have male flowers in the kitchen 🙂
- Plant News [en] (2011)
- Plantgasm: I Love Plants Too! [en] (2011)
- Body Shop Tobacco Flower Scent [en] (2004)
- Sorry For The Outage [en] (2006)
- E-mail and Dirty Dishes [en] (2009)
- Blogtree: Blog Genealogy [en] (2002)
- Six Twitter Tools [en] (2009)
- Paypal Scam Nearly Got Me [en] (2004)
- Urges [en] (2012)
- Google Identity Dilemma [en] (2009)