[fr] Mon rêve: un système qui cacherait sur un espace donné de mon SSD (disons 50GB) les fichiers les plus récemment ouverts se trouvant sur mon disque dur externe. Ainsi, j'aurais à portée de main et sur disque dur rapide tous mes fichiers courants. Vous connaissez une solution qui fait ça?
I’m now running a happy MacBook with a 120Gb SSD (too big or to small depending on how you look at it, but I was in a hurry and dependant on what was in stock in the shop). I have an external 500Gb HDD to store all my junk on.
And here’s my dream. Wouldn’t it be nice if I could devote a certain amount of space on the SSD to my files, say 50Gb, and have that space occupied by cached copies of the files from the external drive that I most recently used? When I modify the files, the cached copies and those on the HDD would sync. And if I haven’t touched a file for long enough, it would be removed from the cache to free up space.
Like that my “current” files would be on the super-fast SDD and close at hand when I’m on the road.
I’m sure a solution to do this already exists — heard of anything?
- DupeGuru: You Own Less Data Than You Think [en] (2011)
- Today: Backup Awareness Day! [en] (2009)
- Going SSD and Amahi Home Server [en] (2011)
- Music and Sadness [en] (2016)
- MagpieRSS Caching Problem [en] (2004)
- Music Meme Tag [en] (2005)
- A Year Ago: Backup Awareness Day [en] (2010)
- Brain Space [en] (2009)
- Getting Your iCloud Photostream to Play Nice With Lightroom [en] (2012)
- Bad Cat Photos (And Links. Non-Cat Links.) [en] (2015)