[en] Une des deux recettes de daal que je fais régulièrement.
So far, when I’ve been making daal in Switzerland, I’ve been doing either Aleika’s masoor daal recipe, or this one — which I’ve had for some time but never written up. Time to do it!
- boil toor daal and a little mung (roughly a quarter) to a paste
- add chopped tomatoes, mix and cook a bit
- in a separate pan, heat oil, half a spoon of black mustard seeds, half a spoon of cumin seeds, curry leaves, 2 green chillies (chopped if I remember correctly)
- add turmeric (a quarter spoon)
- add to the daal (or add the daal to it, but be careful, it will spit! the daal is water and the oil is hot!)
- add a teaspoon of salt or to taste, and lots of chopped coriander leaves
I usually make a lot and freeze it in handy portions — comfort food!
- Poha Recipe [fr] (2013)
- Breakfast of the Day: Nisha’s Upma [fr] (2010)
- Lunchtime: Nisha’s Sweet Aloo [fr] (2010)
- Indian Scrambled Eggs Improvisation (Potato, Tomato) [fr] (2010)
- Nisha's Fried Kingfish and Red Fish Curry [fr] (2011)
- Isa and Sam's Birthday Salad [fr] (2008)
- Aleika’s Recipe for Masoor Daal [fr] (2003)
- Giving Yesterday's Daal a Second Life [fr] (2011)
- Nisha's Prawn Bhaji [fr] (2011)
- Cuisine indienne de base [fr] (2013)
One thought on “Nisha's Toor and Mung Daal [fr]”