[fr] 1er épisode de ma tentative de mettre un peu d'ordre dans mes Pages Facebook.
Facebook “Like” buttons are starting to spread and I think I’m going to add them around here. So, I’m wondering which “Facebook Like” WordPress plugin I should install, and also, trying to sort out the mess between my various pages, groups, and profile on Facebook.
I recently started importing Digital Crumble into my Facebook profile, a move I’m pretty happy about because it seems to be making my online wanderings more readily available to a bunch of personal friends of mine who interact with me online mainly via Facebook, Twitter and IM. But on the other hand, I wonder: am I drowning my Facebook presence in too much Digital Crumble?
I’m now wondering what feeds to import where on Facebook.
I’ve always been wary of sending my Twitter firehose into Facebook: not the same audience, and too much Twitter at times, to be honest.
Let’s start with what’s easy: Bagha. He’s got a Facebook page and a Twitter account (@bagha) which he doesn’t use much, and in his case I have no problem linking them. I’ve installed the Twitter Facebook app to do that. I tried to use MyFlickr to import Flickr photos of him, but it was such a pain in the neck (can’t figure out exactly how to use it, + timeouts) I gave up and am looking for another solution to import Bagha’s Flickr photos into his page. I’ve also imported CTTS posts mentioning Bagha (feed) into his articles (hmmm, maybe I should resurrect his Catster diary…).
Have to say, though, that Facebook is a pain in the neck: getting it to accept a feed takes multiple tries, and connecting apps like Twitter or MyFlickr to their respective external services is no walk in the park either. Be persistent!
- Elsewhere [en] (2009)
- Please Make Holes in My Buckets! [en] (2007)
- A Few Words on the New Facebook Pages [en] (2009)
- Where Does Tumblr Fit in? [en] (2010)
- The Frustrating Easiness of Sharing a Link on Facebook (and Twitter and Google Plus and Tumblr and…) [en] (2015)
- Geeky Frustrations [en] (2007)
- Secrets of my Online Presence Revealed! [en] (2009)
- Getting Your iCloud Photostream to Play Nice With Lightroom [en] (2012)
- Lijit Feedback [en] (2007)
- Ethics and Privacy in the Digital Age [en] (2007)
One thought on “A Mess of Facebook Pages, Groups, and Profiles (Part 1) [en]”