[fr] Projets de développement pour le plugin WordPress Basic Bilingual, qui rend ce blog bilingue.
Here are the next improvements I want to make to the WordPress plugin Basic Bilingual. Considering my coding skills, they will happen slowly, so feel free to lend a hand if you think you can.
- Move the language definition to the admin screen. There’s already a screen and an option there, so it’s a simple case of copying and modifying code around to create options for language 1 and language 2, and create a simple function to retrieve the values at the beginning of the plugin.
- Allow WordPress search to access the other-excerpt field. The Keyword Search in Plugin Table example in Codex is close enough to what I’d like, only it would need to search in the postmeta table instead of a custom plugin table.
- Here’s the big one. Append a language code to any WordPress URL (except permalinks) to filter out posts from the other language. Ideally, would display posts in the language and also the other-excerpts of posts in the other language, with different formatting (smaller title font to distinguish them from full posts written in the desired language). Am reading up on wp-rewrite, permalinks for custom archives, WordPress queries and custom queries. I feel I’m onto something, but I also feel just a little bit out of my depth.
- Call to WordPress Plugin Developers [en] (2005)
- Basic Bilingual 0.4 [en] (2009)
- Four Lazy WordPress Plugin Desires [en] (2010)
- Bunny's Print CSS Plugin Upgrade [en] (2008)
- Simple Technorati Tags Plugin for WordPress [en] (2005)
- Basic Bilingual Plugin [en] (2005)
- Ridding WordPress Plugins of Template Tags [en] (2007)
- Requirements for a Multilingual WordPress Plugin [en] (2006)
- Life and Trials of a Multilingual Weblog [en] (2004)
- WordPress wp-login.php Problem [en] (2004)