[fr] Quatre idées de plugins WordPress que j'utiliserais s'ils existaient.
Here are a few WordPress plugins I’d love to use, if they existed.
- hreflang: I’ve come to love the visual editor in WordPress (after years of hating it with a passion). The only thing I regret is that if I want to add
hreflangattributes to my links, I have to go over and edit them in HTML. So I don’t do it. The little pop-up to add a URL has fields for
class, so it shouldn’t be too hard to write a plugin that adds an
hreflangfield, should it?
- unpaginate: I’ve always had mixed feelings about pagination. On the blog home page, it’s great, as it allows you to simply “read more”. On very long pages, it’s also good, because it allows you to not have to wait a whole year for the page to load. But often, if I’m on a monthly or category archive page, I’d like to be able to load all the posts belonging to that month or category so I can do a quick text search on it for something I’m looking for. What would be lovely would be a plugin that adds an “unpaginate” link at the bottom of the page (near “previous”). Upon clicking that link, the reader would be taken to an “all the posts” page with no pagination. This could be an option of the next plugin I’m going to describe.
- post lists: I like it when blogs display full posts on their pages, but I know that in some cases it’s more practical to see a list of titles with excerpts, or even just a list of titles. This plugin would make WordPress generate list and excerpt pages for any existing URL in the system:
category/writing/partial. These pages should not be paginated, I think (so the unpaginate plugin described above could be an option for this plugin, as the code to do it should already be included). Maybe a little admin panel to set the URL schemes and activate various options would be cool.
- Tagul tag cloud: simple one! Give all the tags of the blog to Tagul to eat, and display the pretty tag cloud on the
tags/page. Bonus for tag clouds by month, category, and… tag.
That should keep you busy if you were looking for a little WordPress plugin coding project! Am happy to give more precise information if some kind soul is willing to give one of these a try. Fame and fortune (well, maybe not fortune) await you!
- Call to WordPress Plugin Developers [en] (2005)
- Plans for Basic Bilingual [en] (2010)
- Bunny's Language Linker: New WordPress Plugin [en] (2007)
- Plugin Idea: Weighted Tags by Category [en] (2005)
- Basic Bilingual 0.4 [en] (2009)
- Bunny's Print CSS Plugin Upgrade [en] (2008)
- Basic Bilingual Plugin [en] (2005)
- PJW Blogminder Plugin for WordPress [en] (2009)
- Events in WordPress [en] (2007)
- Tag-Related Wishlist [en] (2007)
One thought on “Four Lazy WordPress Plugin Desires [en]”
Did they ever make a plugin for unpaginating posts? One plugin that I would love to have is a simple plugin that allows me to put php code directly in to my post. It would be extremely useful when I want to php include things.