So, I’m going to ask you (yes you, faithful readers!) — if you have a blog — to write two blog posts today, as I will. They don’t have to be long. They don’t have to be perfect. L’essentiel, c’est de participer — taking part is more important than performance.
- One blog post about a woman in technology or science that you admire, for Ada Lovelace Day (add your post to the database once it’s written — and here’s the Ada Lovelace Day FAQ if you need more information).
- One blog post to encourage or help people devote a little time today to backing up their data, for Backup Awareness Day (read about how Backup Awareness Day was born).
I would also be very grateful if you took a few minutes to spread awareness about these two events amongst your friends and network. Post a link on Facebook or Tumblr, tweet about it (hashtags are #ALD10 and #backupday), send an e-mail or two, mention them to your IM buddies.
Thanks a lot for taking part and helping spread the word.
- A Month From Now: Ada Lovelace Day [en] (2010)
- Today is Ada Lovelace Day [en] (2009)
- A Week After Ada Lovelace Day (ALD09) [en] (2009)
- A Year Ago: Backup Awareness Day [en] (2010)
- Today is Backup Awareness Day! [en] (2009)
- Today: Backup Awareness Day! [en] (2009)
- It's Ada Lovelace Day Today — Participate! [en] (2011)
- Retweeting [en] (2008)
- Losing Credit [en] (2012)
- Finally Getting Tumblr [en] (2007)