Lucy hasn’t been tending her inner swamp lately. It’s starting to overflow, dripping from her eyes and ears. She knows the swamp monster is feeding on the gloom and growing each day.
With Patrick, she sets off on an inner journey to kill the beast.
They prevail, but remain forever joined.
This is a 50-word short story. Read more by me on CTTS or by others too on Facebook.
- The fridge did its best [en] (2011)
- Sally crept up towards the light [en] (2009)
- Tom's marriage had turned into a nightmare [en] (2009)
- Love [en] (2009)
- She left her home, setting out [en] (2009)
- The growth on his shoulder was becoming ugly [en] (2009)
- He kept checking his iPhone on the bus [en] (2009)
- They are five [en] (2009)
- I found a strange stone in the garden as a child [en] (2009)
- The crow yelled at the cat [en] (2011)
One thought on “Inner Swamp [en]”
Thanks. This made me smile and is exactly what I need now. My inner swamp needs some tending to as well.