Readability is a bookmarklet which reformats the main content on the page your reading, getting rid of the cruft and the way-too-small fonts to make the text comfortable for you to read. Before creating your bookmarklet, you can tweak the settings to your liking.
Instapaper also comes in bookmarklet form (and as an iPhone app) which allows you to “save for later reading”. When you feel like reading, head over to Instapaper.com and read all you like.
The combination of the two is just wonderful.
- Where Does Tumblr Fit in? [en] (2010)
- RIP Music Section [en] (2000)
- Why I End Up Sharing Without Reading [en] (2013)
- Not Writing, Again [en] (2010)
- A Few Tools I Like [en] (2011)
- Hangouts: Watch Me Run Screaming From Dark Green Conversation Bubbles [en] (2015)
- Finally Getting Tumblr [en] (2007)
- WPML to Make Your WordPress Site Multilingual [en] (2009)
- Writing: Source of Income or Marketing Budget? [en] (2010)
- Tumblr to Capture Comments? [en] (2008)