[fr] Tentative d'utilisation de Pearltrees et SmallRivers. Ça semble intéressant mais pour le moment j'ai l'impression que soit quelque chose m'échappe, soit qu'ils sont en train de réinventer la roue.
If you’re at LeWeb’09, you’ve heard of Pearltrees. They’re offering an interface/platform to help people curate web content by collecting it (bookmarking it?) in the shape of “pearls”. SmallRivers are a Lausanne startup which are also in the content curating business, by allowing people to network pages together by inserting some code in the page.
I’m trying both, unfortunately with not exactly enough energy and time to do it properly. But I already have a few comments.
In a way, this kind of content curation is already possible. Blogs, wikis, and even stupid old webpages with hypertext (hypertext!) allow this. So, is the revolution simply in the interface? In some element of social auto-discovery? Part of me is excited by new services in this space, but I’m also pretty skeptical. Is this just reinventing the wheel in a pretty wrapping?
The question I always want to ask is the following: what exactly does this new shiny service do that I cannot already do (or almost do) with my existing tools, and which will justify the overhead of investing in a new space or service?
I’ve been thinking a lot about content curation during this conference — it’s a topic that the “real-time web” really brings to the forefront. Expect more posts on the topic.
- Content Curation: Why I'm Not Your Target Audience [en] (2009)
- Lijit Feedback [en] (2007)
- LeWeb'09: Facebook, Facebook Connect, Identity (Ethan Beard) [en] (2009)
- Bloggers: an Opportunity to Contribute to the paper.li Community Blog [en] (2011)
- LeWeb'09 is About to Start! [en] (2009)
- LeWeb'09: Bloggers, Social Media Club House, Boat Party [en] (2009)
- The Four Lost Months Are Back! [en] (2009)
- Progress in Restoring CTTS [en] (2009)
- LeWeb'10: Tell Us Which Bloggers or Podcasters to Invite [en] (2010)
- Lift10 Online Communities: YouTube’s Unfolding History (Jean Burgess) [en] (2010)