[fr] Mon plugin bilingue vient enfin d'être mis à jour: version 0.4 à disposition, par les bons soins de Luca!
Another long-overdue update of my Basic Bilingual plugin (which, as you can see by following the link, now has its own page here, in addition to the page in the WordPress plugin repository).
Luca Palli e-mailed me a few months ago saying he had upgraded the admin code to make it compatible with WordPress 2.8. I’m happy to let you know that you can now drag the language and other excerpt fields to more convenient places in your post and page editing screens.
Luca also added an options screen, and I have hope that I (or somebody) will at some point manage to write the code to set the languages through the options screen rather than by editing the plugin, as we have to do now (it’s pretty simple editing, though).
So, thanks a lot, Luca.
Thanks too to the “how to use Subversion” page on the WordPress extend site, as it saved my life once again. I update my plugins so infrequently that I completely forget how to use svn in between.
As always, back up your data regularly, and if you bump into any problems, let me know. If you want to contribute code, as you can see, you’re more than welcome!
- Basic Bilingual Plugin [en] (2005)
- Basic Bilingual 1.0 Plugin for WordPress: Blog in More Than One Language! [en] (2013)
- Plans for Basic Bilingual [en] (2010)
- Requirements for a Multilingual WordPress Plugin [en] (2006)
- Bunny's Language Linker: New WordPress Plugin [en] (2007)
- Basic Bilingual 0.3 for Multilingual Blogging [en] (2007)
- Call to WordPress Plugin Developers [en] (2005)
- Bunny's Print CSS Plugin Upgrade [en] (2008)
- Four Lazy WordPress Plugin Desires [en] (2010)
- Nasty Problem With Basic Bilingual Plugin [en] (2007)
2 thoughts on “Basic Bilingual 0.4 [en]”
Great! Good to see the plugin being advanced. If you’re interested in a different type of internationalization plugin, which allows the generation of full multilingual sites, I can highly recommend WPML, which I’ve been integrating to client sites for the past few months.
Cool, thanks for the pointer!