[fr] Une série d'outils/sites autour de Twitter que vous trouverez peut-être utiles.
This is just a small list of links to more or less useful Twitter tools and sites, that you can use (amongst other things) to figure out if this or that new (or old) follower is a spammer or not. I find that kind of information useful when deciding to publish or not “Twitter comments” here (they come in through BackType Connect). None of these ask your your Twitter password, they all use OAuth (you should not be handing out your password to any third-party service, by the way).
- TwitBlock goes through your followers and tells you (with extensive details) how likely it is that they are spammers or bots. You can block them directly from the site (be careful!) You can also just ask it to check one specific account (this is how I know that there is very little likelyhood that @stephtara is a spammer, cool!)
- Tweet Blocker also goes through your followers to chase for spammers, giving each of them a grade (I’m an A+ student). I find the explanations given for each evaluation less clear than with TwitBlock. Again, you can block people directly from their site — don’t go overboard.
- Foller.me gives you information about a given Twitter account, which can also come in handy when trying to figure out if somebody is ham or spam. Again, example with @stephtara.
- Follow cost is rather basic, and will tell you how “chatty” a given user is. This is how I know that I average 13.6 tweets a day (ouch!).
- Favstar is interesting, as it centres on favourites, telling you which of your tweets (or any user’s, for that matter) were favourited by whom. I’m less excited by their “100+, 50+, …” leaderboard (the popular just get more popular).
- When did you join Twitter? tells you exactly that. (Me? December 8th, 2006.)
Any other ones you find useful? Link to them in the comments. (Yeah, there’s a wave, too. Who’s going to write a plugin which creates and links post-related comment waves automatically?)
- Fun With Spammers [en] (2001)
- Twitter Advertisers and Friend Collectors [en] (2007)
- Hashtags For My Followees [en] (2007)
- Catching up With Backtype [en] (2010)
- You Should Twitter [en] (2006)
- Liking, Favoriting, Reblogging and Retweeting [en] (2010)
- Dealing with Spammers [en] (2000)
- Please Make Holes in My Buckets! [en] (2007)
- #buspeople and #trainpeople: Annoying People in Public Transport [en] (2012)
- Requirements for a WordPress Installer Script [en] (2004)