The growth on his shoulder was becoming ugly. It was also starting to talk with him, which he found unsettling.
The doctor refused to remove it as it had sufficient sentience.
Three months later the growth had developed prehensile appendages.
A year later, it strangled him after a nasty fight.
This is a 50-word short story. Read more by me on CTTS or by others too on Facebook.
- Tom's marriage had turned into a nightmare [en] (2009)
- One hundred and fifty remaining passengers [en] (2009)
- He kept checking his iPhone on the bus [en] (2009)
- Bye Safran: FIP is a Bitch [en] (2012)
- Inner Swamp [en] (2010)
- I found a strange stone in the garden as a child [en] (2009)
- She left her home, setting out [en] (2009)
- John pushed his glasses back up [en] (2009)
- The crow yelled at the cat [en] (2011)
- They found the boy's body [en] (2009)