[fr] CTTS devrait avoir retrouvé tous ses billets et ses articles! faites-moi signe si vous constatez des choses étranges. Merci!
At long last, the four months that went missing when I dropped my WordPress database. Many thanks to feedly, who sent me an archive of my 1000 or so last posts, Backtype, who sent me a few hundred comments, and Claude, who stitched them all together with the last backup I had of my blog.
In the process, I discovered that WordPress is smart about imports: if you import over already existing posts, it will not squash them, but if there are extra comments in the import, it will add them. Yay!
Now, what’s left to do:
- fix my sidebar content a little, and maybe my top navigation
- do something about the face I now have 330+ categories (some tags got mixed up in there — how about I just convert all my categories to tags, and start building new categories that make sense from now on?)
- a few posts have shifted dates (for example, the post below now has a date which is 3 days later than what it should)
- I need to get rid of the duplicate comments left by the disqus plugin, again, but I can’t use the user-agent trick anymore (the field is empty) — anybody got a plugin or script which will clean out duplicate comments? 5000 of them?
If you notice anything funky with CTTS, please let me know.
And watch this space on the 24th of each month: I’m declaring the date Backup Awareness Day!
- Progress in Restoring CTTS [en] (2009)
- My Categories are a Mess [en] (2006)
- Disqus Plugin Aftermath: Removing Duplicate Comments [en] (2009)
- WordPress Finally Has Tags! [en] (2007)
- Tags and Categories, Oh My! [en] (2007)
- Quick Update on Blogging Disaster [en] (2009)
- Simple Technorati Tags Plugin for WordPress [en] (2005)
- Today is Backup Awareness Day! [en] (2009)
- Tags and Categories are not the Same! [en] (2006)
- Today: Backup Awareness Day! [en] (2009)
2 thoughts on “The Four Lost Months Are Back! [en]”