*steph-note: live blogged notes, may be incomplete, etc.*
– “silly, stupid games”
– “games for the housewife”
*steph-note: video went way too fast for me.*
If a hardcore game is a full meal, a casual game is a snack.
Snacks are not dinner, say the WoW fans.
People play 2-3 hours a month, 3-15 times a month. (*steph-note: not sure I got that right.*)
Second largest money waster in the US after the subprime crisis 😉
Stats: rising phenomenon. People spend more time playing online games than watching clips on YouTube or interacting in social networking sites like Facebook.
Bite-side episodes. People want short stuff (video clips, TV episodes, music).
- Lift10 Online Communities: The Transition from Broadcast to Multiplatform for a public service broadcaster: getting attention and measuring success (Alice Taylor) [en] (2010)
- LIFT08: Paul Barnett [en] (2008)
- Lift12: Tom Armitage. Games: Systemic Media for a Digital Age [en] (2012)
- Games People Play: Alcoholic/Addict [en] (2002)
- LIFT08: Robin Hunicke (Game Design) [en] (2008)
- Fiddling With Video: Lightroom, YouTube, and iMovie [en] (2013)
- More LIFT Notes: Sampo Karjalainen, Lee Bryant (and Stowe again) [en] (2007)
- Granular Privacy Control (GPC) [en] (2007)
- BarCamp Lausanne: Wuala (Dominik Grolimund) [en] (2007)
- Video: BBC Interview (Teenagers, Facebook) [en] (2007)