[fr] Une interview que je viens de donner à la BBC sur les parents qui jouent aux détectives privés pour "surveiller" leurs adolescents sur internet. Dialogue, dialogue!
I was contacted this morning (thanks, [Suw](http://chocnvodka.blogware.com/)!) to appear in a short interview on the BBC News, about how parents are increasingly signing up to social networking sites like Friendster to “stalk” their kids online.
Here’s the little video segment of my interview:
(Thanks to [Euan](http://theobvious.typepad.com/blog/) for the video, and to the BBC folks for sending me a copy too — though it arrived later and I used Euan’s here.)
For those of you interested in the whole “online predator issue is overblown” thing, I urge you to read [Just The Facts About Online Youth Victimization](http://www.zephoria.org/thoughts/archives/2007/05/11/just_the_facts.html) by danah boyd, and in particular what David Finkelhor has to say at the beginning of his presentation (numbers! numbers!) about how the general ideas the public has about online predators have little to do with reality.
And talking of videos, [episode 6 of Fresh Lime Soda](http://freshlimesoda.net/2007/05/21/fresh-lime-soda-episode-6-are-presentation-slides-evil/) (video!) is [online at viddler.com](http://www.viddler.com/explore/SuwC/videos/2/).
- Ressources for Parents and Teachers (ISL Talks on Social Networking) [en] (2008)
- Parents, Teenagers, Internet, Predators, Fear… [en] (2007)
- DailyMotion Problems [en] (2006)
- Tags and Categories are not the Same! [en] (2006)
- Videos, Videos! And Kittens! [en] (2007)
- Google Shared Stuff: First Impressions [en] (2007)
- Google Reader Share Limitations [en] (2006)
- Introducing Fresh Lime Soda with Episode 3 of the Suw+Steph Podcast [en] (2007)
- MySpace Banning Sex Offenders: Online Predator Paranoia [en] (2007)
- Netvibes Widget of my Shared Items [en] (2007)