[fr] Projets de voyage: 28 mai - 5 juin, Copenhague pour la conférence reboot. Puis un ou deux mois à San Francisco (encore à déterminer) dès le 18 juin. Décision pas facile, parce que je dois me décider vite (sinon je perds l'option) et que ce sont des billets non remboursables et non modifiables.
On the way back home from judo by this bright sunny springy afternoon, I decided it was high time to hop in at the travel agent’s my brother had recommended and give a little bit of substance to my travel intentions.
Well, oh my! I wasn’t quite expecting as much substance. I’ve got a pre-reservation for [San Francisco](http://climbtothestars.org/archives/2007/01/26/back-to-san-francisco/) (June 18th to August 19th — two months!) and one for Copenhagen (May 28th to June 5th), for [reboot](http://reboot.dk/) (is reboot happening this year?) Both are quite cheap, but the downside is that I have to give confirmation very soon (3 days for SF, one for Copenhagen) and that there is no flexibility in the dates (I can’t decide to fly back a few days later), and if I cancel I still have to pay the full price of the ticket.
I’m thinking now that maybe two months in San Francisco is a bit of a plunge. There are two issues:
– money (most of my paid work is done face-to-face — speaking engagements, consulting, training — so I can’t really “do stuff through the internet” for my clients here while I’m away)
– the cat (he’s 10 now, I’m very attached to him, and a bit torn between leaving him here and being afraid something will happen to him when I’m gone — I have a good cat-sitter *and* a good cattery, so there are options open, or taking him with me and having him not be able to go outside in SF, depending on where I’m staying)
So, maybe one month would be more reasonable. Specially as I’ve been told summer could be quite cold (50F=10C?! can anybody confirm that?) in the city, whereas it’s beautiful in Lausanne during July and August. And maybe come back in autumn? Heck. I need to go to Montreal and India too.
Now, just in case I *do* decide to come over to SF for a month, starting June 18th… Are there any events taking place mid-July that I should know of? As I said, once I fix the return date, it’s set in stone — and I would hate to be biting my fingers off because I’m leaving *just that one day early* and I could have known…
- Tom reappeared many months after he suddenly [en] (2009)
- Reboot9 Was Bub.blicio.us! [en] (2007)
- Photos, Photos [en] (2007)
- The Bittersweet Freedom of Catlessness [en] (2011)
- Boring Backlog [en] (2001)
- A Year Ago: Backup Awareness Day [en] (2010)
- End-Of-Travel Musings [en] (2008)
- A Brief Update on Going Solo Leeds [en] (2008)
- Back to San Francisco? [en] (2007)
- Cockerel, Anybody? [en] (2012)
5 thoughts on “Travel Adrenalin Rush [en]”
If you come here for two months, you should consider visiting California and the West. There are beautiful spots within a couple hours drive from SF, and it only takes a few days to visit some great National Parks in Utah or Arizona…
By the way, what do you consider a good price? My parents are thinking of coming this summer and I’m interested in the current rates 😉
You are lucky to be still able to practice Judo,
I wish I could return to the Dojo also… but I
became a “NoLife” as my mother enjoys to call me
Be safe everyone,
Julien: the flight is 872 CHF, taxes and travel agent fees included.
That’s extremely good. Summer fares usually climb to more than 1500 CHF. Can you give me the name/number of your travel agent?
That's extremely good. Summer fares usually climb to more than 1500 CHF. Can you give me the name/number of your travel agent?