[fr] Cinq choses que vous ne saviez probablement pas à mon sujet. Un petit jeu qui tourne dans la blogosphère.
This is [way overdue](http://del.icio.us/steph/5things), but I have a guilty conscience after having been tagged by [Jonas](http://www.jluster.org/write/2006/12/21/5-things-meme-five-things-you-probably-dont-know-about-me), [Ric](http://aqualung.typepad.com/aqualung/2006/12/im_it.html), and [Dannie](http://uncondition.blogspot.com/2007/01/tag-five-things-that-you-did-not-know.html). I think the main reason I haven’t yet published this post (well, I have now, but look at the dates I was tagged upon and you’ll understand) is the difficulty in figuring out how I can tell a **very** varied audience (which includes family, strangers, IRC buddies, close friends online and off, googlers, passing acquaintances, work relations and all the others) things that “they” probably don’t know about me.
So. I’ve had to conjure up a target audience. Let’s say the target audience are people, online or off, who know me somewhat but not that well and have maybe not known me for many many years. My close friends and family will probably know the five things I’m bringing up here, and none of them are “secrets”. Some of these facts are even already “out there” if you care to look for them.
That said, here goes.
1. I have a 21cm-long scar. I got it for my sixth birthday, and it beats all the other birthday presents I ever got. (Came with a price, though.)
2. My middle name is Jane. I like having a middle name, and I quite like the one that was chosen for me. This hasn’t always been the case.
4. My mother died of cancer when I was 10. It was only about fifteen years later that I managed to ask my dad which type of cancer she had, and details about her illness.
3. I usually start writing my posts at the beginning, work straight down, tag and categorize, and hit publish. I rarely proof-read or re-read.
5. My “pre-bunny” nickname was Gummywabbit. People kept thinking I was a guy, and I got sick of it.
What I chose to list here obviously says a sixth thing about me: I have a tendancy to get caught up in extremes. Too dramatic or too futile, too much or nothing at all. I work hard towards exploring the middle ground, but as you can see, I’m not always successful. Lucky you anyway, you got sixth things for the price of five!
I’m not tagging anyone myself (peer-pressure etc), but I’ll be happy to tag the first five people who ask me in the comments. And anyway, anybody is free to take up the meme and post their one — aren’t they?
- Cheese Sandwich Blog [en] (2005)
- My Twitter Usage Answers [en] (2007)
- History of Online Life [en] (2006)
- A Month From Now: Ada Lovelace Day [en] (2010)
- IT Conversations: Dan Gillmor [en] (2005)
- Hoosgot: The Lazyweb is Back! [en] (2007)
- Google: "Don't Mix Languages on the Same Page" [en] (2008)
- At Some Point I Started Caring About What I Wrote Here [en] (2017)
- Le Web 3: Recap [en] (2006)
- Just because something is easy to measure doesn't mean it's important (Seth Godin) [en] (2008)
One thought on “Five Things You Probably Didn't Know About Me [en]”
21cm long scar? That sounds like chest scar. Maybe open heart cirgury?… I dont like to talk about it, but I have one too… Now on, ill try to call it apresent, too.