[fr] Dans une conférence où beaucoup de blogueurs sont présents, on a besoin de pauses-blogging ;-) -- et peut-être aussi de présentations qui tiennent bien dans un billet? Suivent quelques suggestions pour les personnes qui font des conférences -- sachant que je ne fais certainement pas tout ce que je dis.
Running a bit late for Emmanuelle‘s talk on anonymity online, I decided to go in without my laptop, which was in the other room. Decision also fueled by my earlier cogitations about my decreasing attention span.
Well, there we are: I was more attentive and took notes on paper.
I was telling Robert that conferences like this lacked blogging breaks. The audience is in the real-time information business if you have lots of bloggers in the room, so if you don’t want them to spend half the talk time uploading photos, chatting, and writing up blog posts. So, how about give us blogging breaks, and plan post-sized talks? Wouldn’t that be neat?
For many people, the most interesting moments of a gathering like this is around and outside the talks. Try to change the balance a bit? I know there are organisational imperatives, but I’m sure a solution could be found.
Other than that, some ideas for speakers (and I’m aware I don’t do what I preach when I’m giving a talk):
- Give me an outline of the talk, paper would be best (I’ll get lost somewhere else by trying to find it online). If I tune out of your talk for a minute (and I’m bound to) I need a chance to tune back in. An outline will help with that.
- Be theatrical, keep me listening, or make me participate. Effective use of slides is good, but I don’t know how to do it so I won’t give you any advice on the topic.
- Don’t talk to fast, particularly when the audio in the venue isn’t too good. Articulate. (Yeah. Sorry.)
Update: I took hand-written notes of Robert’s talk too. Lesson learnt.
Now let’s see if you can decypher my handwriting!
- Give Us Time to Digest Talks (2006)
- After Lunch (2006)
- My LIFT08 Recap (2008)
- November 2007 Recap (2007)
- I Need to Blog More (2008)
- Remove Paging From WordPress Archives (2007)
- About Missing Videos (Open Stage, Friday) and Expectations (2008)
- Notes From San Francisco (2007)
- Finally Getting Tumblr (2007)
- Lift12, Technology vs. People: JP Rangaswami (2012)