In the mail this morning:
We are creating a TV pilot about blogging. We want to bring this phenomenon of personal expression to television for the very first time, and have been scouring the web for appropriate sites. Your web site seems like a potentially great fit for the show.
If you would like to be a part of our pilot, you can do so by submitting a video that encapsulates you and your blog. In English, or mainly visual, if possible.
Whatever you want to say and show in your video is fine. The key is to capture the essence of your blog in video format, and if it’s interesting enough, we’ll include it.
If this is something that you want to participate in, please go to our web site for more information, and follow the instructions:
Thank you so much.
Hoffman Netter Entertainment
Sounds like an interesting idea, though a few details in the mail and on the site make me a bit queasy.
Given the deadline is May 10th and I have no video material or experience, I doubt I will participate. Particularly, the task of “capturing the essence of me and my blog” seems a bit daunting.
Who out there received one of these e-mails too?
- The Zeigarnik Effect and Open Loops [en] (2015)
- A Month From Now: Ada Lovelace Day [en] (2010)
- World Wide Paperwork and Administrivia Day (WoWiPAD) and Website Pro Day (WPD) [en] (2007)
- Testing Meme Propagation In Blogspace: Add Your Blog! [en] (2004)
- Télévision et lancement [en] (2005)
- Blogs et politique: ça bouge… [en] (2006)
- Death Threats in the Blogosphere [en] (2007)
- Do you say "blog" or "bee-log"? [en] (2003)
- LeWeb'08: The Revenge of E-mail (Panel) [en] (2008)
- How I Made my To-Do List Fun to Use [en] (2005)