I have always loved singing. I have always loved listening to music. When I was little, I would listen to my favourite music with the headphones on and sing at the top of my voice, to the great dismay of other family members sharing the same room as me.
I used to sing on my moped. I loved singing around the fire at the Scouts, and on the train when we went off on field trips with school. I sing in my car. I sing when I listen to music, with or without headphones, invariably loudly.
Unfortunately, I have always sang out of tune. For a couple of years now, I have been toying with the idea of taking up singing lessons to actually learn how to sing. In tune. When I was eight or nine, I used to sing in the school choir. I still remember the songs. I think I liked it.
During my extended weekend in Paris, I met a couple of people people who actually sing. I envy people who can and do sing, and my life seems to be making me bump into them more and more often. I feel that I am getting closer and closer to actually signing up for those singing lessons.
- Music Meme Tag [en] (2005)
- LIft13, Mobile Stories: Christopher Kirkley, Sahel Sounds [en] (2013)
- Fear the Culture of Fear (danah boyd SXSW 2012) [en] (2013)
- Sleeplessness [en] (2002)
- Dar Williams [en] (2005)
- Sunday CD's #1 [en] (2004)
- Sunday CD's #2 [en] (2004)
- Do Not Use Your Brand Name to Sign Comments [en] (2011)
- Sing [en] (2001)
- Blogging in the Morning: Lift12, 3615, StartupWeekend [en] (2012)