I wanted to try yesterday, but I started out a bit late in the day. So I did it today.
I got up, spent 10 minutes or so figuring out my rocks for the day, jotted down a few pebbles, and got to work. By the time the evening had come I had studied for three hours and got a whole lot of other things done. And I hadn’t switched on my computer.
Let me know if Pickle Jar Time Management works for you too!
The idea is simple: take a pickle jar (your day), and fill it with rocks. It’s full now, isn’t it? Take a handful of pebbles and add them in too. You might have to shake the jar a little. See how they fit nicely between the rocks? You can fill the jar even more: gravel, sand, water…
- Knowledge Management [en] (2001)
- F.lux: Better Lighting For Your Screen [en] (2011)
- Let's Buddy Work! [en] (2008)
- Culture Shock and Virus [en] (2001)
- My Journey Out of Procrastination: Not Running (Firewalls and iPhone Alarms) [en] (2010)
- In Praise of the Morning Routine [en] (2011)
- Structured vs. Freeform Work [en] (2011)
- Time Tired [en] (2017)
- How I Get Organized [en] (2009)
- Net-awareness [en] (2001)