What people don’t understand is that you can be Jewish without being Zionist. You can be Jewish without approving of the politics of Israel. And that is the position most of us find ourselves in.
She said this a few months ago, and I’ve been wanting to make a note of it ever since.
It struck me as very important to remember—especially as I find myself guilty of abusive generalisations from time to time. I just hadn’t thought of this issue in those terms before that. Not that it didn’t make perfect sense once it was said, of course.
- Thoughts… [en] (2001)
- Diving Into Something New [en] (2007)
- Meditation and Death (Batchelor) [en] (2002)
- TEDx Geneva: François-Xavier Tanguy — A world full of Dreams: Phnom Penh-Paris on the Dream Road by motorbike [en] (2009)
- FOWA: How to Turn your App into a Business (Ted Rheingold) [en] (2007)
- 911: Coping [en] (2002)
- Stories to Listen to, Moderating Blog Comments, Teaching Blogging [en] (2015)
- SWITCH Conference, Coimbra: Out of the Box [en] (2010)
- Blogging 4 Business: part 2 [en] (2007)
- Backup Awareness Day: Sometimes Badly is Better Than Not At All [en] (2010)