September 17, Goa Express
We went to Delhi Haat last evening. Luckily I was running out of cash, so I managed to get out of the place without having to hire a porter. We then went to eat a pizza at San Marzano. The pizza was so Italian that it could have been served somewhere in Lausanne.
I mentioned that I was running out of cash: I had barely 300 Rs. on me to make it to Pune. As we were waiting to be granted entrance in San Marzano (these “happening” places are always packed) an ATM machine bearing the Maestro logo (identical to the one on my swiss debit card!) caught my eye. We had been discussing debit and credit cards in the car, so I thought I might give it a try. And lo and behold, jackpot! Roupies debited directly from my bank account in Switzerland.
I don’t know how much they will charge for the transaction, but it will certainly be less than the 10% I have to pay for Western Union transfers. I was so happy it gave me the strength to insist on paying for the meal!
- Monkeys [en] (2001)
- CASH Cards and Cellphone Train Tickets [en] (2007)
- Contact [en] (2010)
- OS 10.6, iCal, gCal, and my iPhone [en] (2010)
- Internet Cafés [en] (2001)
- Stephanie's October Conference Tour: <head> [en] (2008)
- About Free Consulting [en] (2009)
- Paypal Scam Nearly Got Me [en] (2004)
- Boring Backlog [en] (2001)
- LIft13, Mobile Stories: Christopher Kirkley, Sahel Sounds [en] (2013)