The Myth of The Aryan Invasion of India, by David Frawley.
My classes on Indian culture have often put to doubt the famous “Aryan invasion” theory. My own observations of its use today by Indians to justify just about anything (superiority of fair people, caste system, North vs. South, superiority of Dravidian culture… and so on) have also brought me to cast on it a very critical eye.
Here is my account of Frawley’s article – maybe not the best nor the last writing on the subject, but nevertheless interesting and convincing.
- The Myth of The Aryan Invasion of India [en] (2005)
- Possible Cause of Repetitive Strain Injury [en] (2002)
- Would You Say India is Behind the West? [en] (2000)
- India, Pakistan, and History [en] (2002)
- Lift13, Maximilian Stern [en] (2013)
- Linguistic Superiority [en] (2001)
- India [en] (2000)
- Googling Them [en] (2001)
- Losing Credit [en] (2012)
- India [en] (2001)