Miss Pea‘s last post about her sleepless baby got me hunting around the web.
In India, I had read this great childcare book of Aleika’s, but unfortunately I forgot the name of the author. I’m happy to say I have dug out all the useful information for you.
- responding to baby’s cues
- wearing the baby
- sharing sleep
The last point is of course very much frowned upon in our modern western society (by the way, the only one in history to have such a weird conception of child-rearing…). Even when I manage to explain to my friends all the advantages for the baby and the parents, it always comes down to the final question: what about sex?
Dr. Sears’ site has a mine of very interesting information on parenting, of course.
You can also find info and links to articles on the Muslim attachment parenting page, although the site might be a little hard on your eyes and your browser.
- Breastfeeding [en] (2001)
- Call For Screenshots: Facebook Privacy Settings [en] (2010)
- Women's Work [en] (2001)
- Why I End Up Sharing Without Reading [en] (2013)
- Crop Circles [en] (2002)
- Jakob Nielsen Links [en] (2000)
- Losing Credit [en] (2012)
- Extracting Web Apps From the Browser: Fluid and Prism [en] (2009)
- History [en] (2001)
- Thinking Too Much [en] (2016)