Here I am, finally – cat sprawled over my knees, dog curled up under the table, and computer humming on the table. Lots of cables, CD-ROMs and papers lying all over the place, and the modem is perched on my ironing table about two metres away, but it works: I’m online.
All the places I used to visit regularly two months ago have continued living a life of their own. Even the statistics of my little site tell me that people other than me actually do visit it.
I didn’t miss the web when I was “offline”. I did wonder every now and again about what was going on there, without me. But finally, when you’re not there, you’re not there – life goes on and cyberspace seems more and more distant.
- Keeping The Flat Clean: Living Space As User Interface [en] (2003)
- My iBook is Back! [en] (2005)
- Busy Week [en] (2009)
- Quick Update on Blogging Disaster [en] (2009)
- Light in the Kitchen [en] (2000)
- Lift09 — Future Cities — Carlo Ratti [en] (2009)
- Here's the plan [en] (2009)
- Lift09 — Vint Cerf [en] (2009)
- Bookmarks [en] (2001)
- Lift09 — Envisioning the Future City — Anne Galloway [en] (2009)